Where’s my nearest Out of Hours?
- COVID infections have risen sharply in London and this has led to increased demand for hospital care.
- Please be aware the 111 service is currently under extreme pressure in our area. GP surgeries are open as normal, except on weekends and bank holidays.
- If you need non-covid medical help this weekend (Saturday, Sunday), please call the extended hours GP service for your area on 020 38275090 between 8am and 8pm. If you are calling outside these times of 8am-8pm, please call the out of hours number on NHS 111
- If you have COVID symptoms, please go to www.111.nhs.uk or call 111. In a medical emergency, you should dial 999 as usual. Thank you for supporting the NHS.
When To Use It
You should use the NHS 111 service if you require urgent medical help but it is not a life threatening situation. Call 111 if:
- You require swift medical assistance but it is not a 999 emergency.
- You think you may need to visit A&E or require another NHS lead urgent care service.
- You are not able to call a GP and/or do not know who to contact.
- You require health information or reassurance about the next step.
Choosing the Right Care
Choosing the right care means helping you to get the right treatment at the right time.
Working with the neighbouring CCGs, Harrow CCG has launched the ‘Not Always A&E‘ campaign to encourage residents to use their NHS wisely.
The campaign reminds North West London residents that there is a wide range of healthcare services available to them, and they can get better quickly if they choose the right care for their need.