Reception Duties :
- Greet all patients on arrival.
- Answer the telephone: dealing with or redirecting enquiries.
- Handle general enquiries, referring on where necessary.
- Make new and follow-up appointments.
- Accept messages for the Practice Manager and Doctors.
- Record requests for home visits and contact the duty doctors with late calls.
- Open mail and distribute as appropriate and follow protocols for insurance reports, disability reports and requests for copies of medical records, Scanning , workflow system.
- Able to do DOCMAN workflow tasks and EMIS tasks given by Clinicians.
- Prepare computerised repeat prescriptions following practice protocol and set out for verification and signature by doctor (Electronic & Manual )
- Scan hospital letters and results into patients’ medical records.
- Extract information from computer to assist in completion of target returns to NHS England.
- Complete appropriate registration forms, referral forms as necessary and Maternity / Medical exemption forms.
- Maintain computer database.
- Make appointments for hospital transport.
- Send out referral via fax and emails
- Maintain supplies of stationery available in reception area.
- Phone hospitals to obtain patients’ results and follow up appointments.
- Contact patients regarding their test results
- Accept delivery of vaccines as per practice protocol.
- Record temperature readings of vaccine fridge as per practice protocol.
- Log into telephones and check all consulting rooms for adequate stocks prescriptions and blood forms.
- Each evening, leave reception area tidy and ready for incoming colleagues. Leave information regarding unsolved or urgent problems in the diary.
- Log out of computers and telephones on reception, back admin and in consulting rooms.
- Undertake any other duties as agreed between the Partnership and yourself.
This job description may need to be reviewed or revised from time to time as the practice develops
Please forward your CV to the Reception Manager.
Health Care Assistant
HCA key responsibilities:
- New patient registration checks, completing any necessary paperwork and referrals
- Urine dipstick testing and Phlebotomy
- Injections, including B12, within the level of training, staples/stitches removal, changing dressings
- Adult Seasonal Immunisations (this requires training certificate, observation, and PSD)
- Provide lifestyle advice to patients making any necessary referrals for educational
- Spirometry, diabetic checks and make sure the right templates are filled and coded.
- Perform alcohol questionnaires, mini-mental tests subject to competencies
- Telephone patients for recalls, ECG recordings, Weight monitoring, BP Check, Recalls for QOF patients and LCS LTC target patients
- Re-stocking of all clinical areas and maintaining stock and keeping all clinical areas clean.
- To maintain an adequate amount of clinical supplies and health promotion materials, maintain notice boards
- To ensure that drug/vaccine refrigerator/s are running at the correct temperature on a daily basis and maintain a log
- Covering reception when there is an admin meeting
You must have a deep understanding of health services, together with a passion for improving lives and improving healthcare. Whilst you will bring your experience to the role, you will also receive significant support from the practice-based clinical team.
Please forward your CV to the Practice Manager